Monday, June 15, 2009

My baby ate dirt!

Well, it's official. Lee has tasted dirt. We went to Liesel and Blake's home today and enjoyed an outdoor dinner. I set Lee down for a little bit so that I could eat as well. The next thing I knew, she turned around, and dirt was oozing down her chin in her perpetual teething slober. She had managed to get her fist into the neighbor's flower pot and put dirt in her mouth. She must not have minded the taste too much, because she headed back for more, but her efforts were thwarted as her dad made a dive to intervene.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Way to go Little Lee,
You must be getting to be Fast & flexable:)Remember Mom & Dad it's the quiet times that you must worry about now! No telling just what they will find to entertain themselves.
Mom & Dad are thinking you were still interested in the grass, well you fulled them,its time to explore this strange new world of yours!!!
Watch out bugs & worms you are next:)They are so much Fun to play with- all Cold,Slimmy,Wiggle and a challange to pick up too!I can't say as I've ever tasted them though But I know you can do it Sweetheart:)Pick them up that is...
Just Please don't discover the Bee's yet; they are not as forgiving OR Fun to play with.BEEs just don't make very good
Friend:( Have Fun Today and enjoy your new found freedoms,and try not to wonder off to far:)
We Miss You & Love You LOTS & LOTs, XOXOXO Nana & Pap Pap PS.
Give Mom & Dad a Hug& Kiss for us

Unknown said...

Shawn just told me-Fawn, your mom has discovered the internet! Watch out world!

Incidentally, the other day a large wasp landed on Lee. It must have been in the car, and after we put her in her seat I noticed it crawling on her when I went to buckle her up. I let out a pretty good scream and Shawn and I took care of the situation together. Luckily, Lee had not noticed it or at least not tried to engage it, and it did not sting her. The total experience gave Shawn and I a pretty good scare though.