Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Starting Teething

Well, Laralie is officially teething. Last night she woke up screaming and would not be reconciled for anything. I finally became wise and wondered if she was teething. I put my finger in her mouth and rubbed her gums gently. On her top gums I could feel sharp rough patch of where a tooth was just starting to jut through the gum. Oragel helped tremendously, though it was several hours before I could calm her enough to go to sleep again. Poor thing. I told her when all her teeth grow in she could eat food like mommy and daddy and even try cookies! Since she doesn't yet know what cookies are, I don't think it helped too much.

2 comments:

Jan said...

How big we're getting! teething already. fawn, you might try to give her a very cold and wet washcloth, or even a twisty-tie with an icecube inside to help with some of the pain. I am glad that you are able to detect why she is uncomfortable. Soon, she'll be chewing up a storm. luv you lots, and thanks so much for keeping us up to date.
Much love,
Nana

Faith Sampson said...

Poor thing! Do you freeze things for her to chew on, or is that an old remedy?